Colorado Excess Liability Insurance
As a business owner, you worry for the future of your company and staying afloat when many businesses are going under. Owning and operating a successful business has required you to be a risk taker, fearless and resilient in the face of adversity.
But what would you do if you were served with a lawsuit? Would your business be able to withstand the financial devastation of a lawsuit?
Colorado Excess Liability Insurance will cover your business from catastrophic issues that threaten its security. An excess liability policy acts as an umbrella to your basic liability insurance when a claim is made against you that exceeds the amount of your existing coverage. Colorado Excess Liability Insurance provides a safety net when your other coverages have been exhausted.
Your basic insurance policies are essential for your business’s survival. They offer your company a blanket of security with so many risks and dangers working toward bringing you down. But unfortunately, these coverage’s will only you cover you to a certain extent.
Colorado Specialty Liability InsuranceGeneral Liability insurance does not protect your business against claims of professional negligence, or for failure to perform your professional duties. For this type of coverage, the business will need a separate Professional Liability policy. Professional Liability Insurance protects your business against loss from a claim of alleged negligent acts, errors or omissions in the performance of your professional services.
- The policy normally pays for any resulting judgments against you, including court costs, up to the coverage limits on your policy.
- Employment Practices Liability
- Employment practices liability coverage protects an employer against an employee's claims such as:
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual or Workplace Harassment
- Wrongful Discipline
- Employment Related Misrepresentation
- Failure to Adopt Adequate Workplace Employment Policies & Procedures
- Age Discrimination
- Violation of Employment Discrimination Laws
- Violation of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Wrongful Failure to Employ or Promote
- Wrongful Deprivation of a Career Opportunity
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Invasion of Privacy
- Negligent Evaluation
- Employment Related Wrongful Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Illegal Retaliatory Treatment
The purpose of this Colorado Excess Liability insurance is to protect the corporation, directors, officers and employees from alleged employment-related wrongful acts. Some features to having this policy are Coverage for front/back pay, attorneys’ fees and compensatory damages, for punitive damages where insurable by law, for actual or alleged retaliatory treatment, varying retention's for class action suits or other claims, for emotional distress or mental anguish, no purposeful or intentional acts exclusion or reductions in force or mass layoffs exclusion.*